TRANSPORTATION DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Transportation Project Manager specializing in WisDOT Design Projects with hands on experience using the WisDOT Facilities Development Manual in preparing Transportation Design Plans and Specifications.
The primary focus of the position is to provide technical advice, manage projects, meet with clients and lead project teams that produce timely and profitable projects. A secondary focus is to pursue and secure project work, and client relationships in conjunction with regional marketing priorities. As part of the team environment, the individual will be expected to participate in team decisions and act as a mentor for less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Supervise and manage the project teams on the design and development of project plans and reports.
- Prepare proposals, scope of work and estimates of time/expense required to complete the project.
- Participate in presenting the proposal and/or client interviews.
- Participate in selecting the project team.
- Determine major project design decisions in conjunction with client.
- May be required to perform complex design calculations.
- Assign duties to project team, answer questions, and monitor progress.
- Maintain project schedule and assures that deadlines are met.
- Check accuracy of completed work and ensuring QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Understand and promote the Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Maintain close relationship with client throughout development of project.
- May be required to maintain client contact after project is completed.
- Facilitate public involvement meetings and hearings
- Review and evaluate federal, state, and local policies that affect design and construction of a transportation project.
- Assist in developing and conform to CEP professional ethical standards.
- Assist in developing and conform to CEP safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Min Years of Experience
- Registration Status: Registered Professional Engineer.
- Pursue and/or achieve certification/licensure as appropriate to specialty.
- Analytical abilities in selecting and/or evaluating alternatives.
- Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, advisory and/or design data and information such as ordinances, statutes, development plans, and policies.
- Training and/or experience in Word and Excel software.
- Experience working with Civil 3D
- Must be able to walk and climb over rough construction terrain as required for on-site review of project conditions.
- Personal transportation and a current driver's license is required.
- Overnight travel or periods of on-site service may be required.
Other Desirable Skills
- Training or experience in Microsoft Office
CEP is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/H/V/D). In Accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) which was passed by the congress in 1986, we can only hire candidates who are either U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Even though our office is in the Madison area, we look for motivated and qualified individuals who are willing to travel. We offer competitive benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Please contact Najim Heidari for more information or submit your resume.
Najim Heidari, P.E./President
6418 Normandy Lane, Suite 200
Madison, Wisconsin 53719
Fax No. 608-819-6997