We are an extension of your services. Whether you are a representative of a public agency or private developer, we ae dedicated to principals focused on public safety, sound design with consideration of long-term maintenance costs, communication through listening, budget awareness, and disciplined to achieve schedules. CEP's staff are our most valued resources and we invest in their long-term growth and development so our clients can reap the benefits of their knowledge and experience.
Everything CEP does is a reflection of our client.
Like you, we care deeply for our families and communities, enjoy our work and lifestyle, and want to create a better place for following generations. We are professional, experienced, knowledgeable, hold ethical principals, efficient, and economical. Whether your need for professional services is guidance through land development approvals and permitting, project design, or to supplement your staff, we are here to help you. Here's some background on some of our team:
Najim Heidari, PE
- Former owner and CEO of CORRE, Inc. for 11 years
- 2015 Secretary of Transportation Golden Shovel Award Winner for exemplary performance as a DBE consultant
- 2017 Marketplace Awards by Governor presented to Najim Heidari for a Rising Star Minority-owned Business Development.
- 20 years of experience as a project engineer and project manager working on WisDOT design and construction projects including several high profile projects and local agencies' rural and urban projects of various size and complexity
Bob Lex, PE
- 27 years project management experience with Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Construction project manager providing construction oversite for numerous constructions projects of all types including interstate, freeway, expressways, rural STHs, bridge replacements/ rehabs, and urban reconstructs and rehabilitations, with both in-house and consultant staffs
- Negotiation and management of consultant contracts, budget, schedule, and staff
- Resolving contractor disputes, coordination with property and business owners, local municipalities, counties and other outside agencies
- Determination of contract change orders, evaluate and coordinate with FHWA on CRI’s and larger change orders
- Design project manager for numerous design projects of all types from complex freeway expansion and interstate reconstruction projects to single span bridge replacements and HSIP safety improvements
- Participate in initial scoping, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Manage and ensure milestones and deliverables are met, assist in evaluating staffing of projects.
- Solicit and negotiate design contracts and amendments, review plans and documents, mentor staff, conduct public information meetings and numerous meetings of all types.
Teymour Manzouri, Ph.D., PE, SE
Over 20 years in structural engineering in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for;
- Office Building design, power plant buildings, smokestacks, and energy transmission lines
- Foundation analysis and design
- Retaining walls of all types
- Tank and silo design
- Deep and mat foundation on elastic medium analysis and design
- Forensic Engineering
- large-scale laboratory research projects on infrastructure (mainly bridge components) both domestic and international.
Hanna J. Johnson, PE
Hanna Joins us from WI Dept. of Transportation with 6-years hands-on experience in Transportation construction project management and Roadway design experience.
- Construction project engineer / leader providing construction contract administration through FieldManager, FIT, MRS, Project Tracking and the WI Lane Closure System on multiple construction projects of varying types including interstate, freeway, STHs, CTHs and bridge replacements/rehabilitations with both WisDOT and consultant staff.
- Preparing, maintaining and submitting construction project final records electronically, including all inspection, measurements and payments.
- Monitoring and maintaining project budget and schedule.
- Creating and maintaining all construction project files, including contract modifications and justification records.
- Resolving contractor disputes, coordination with property and business owners, local municipalities, counties and other outside agencies.
- Maintaining project websites and sending out project updates emails to keep interested parties informed and avoid potential miscommunication.
- Developing and reviewing TMP, traffic staging / control plans and detour routes.
- Her Leadership skills include managing projects, managing team members and mentoring new engineers.
Employee Recognition Award, WI Dept. of Transportation, SW Region – Madison, 2015
Saeed Karimi, PE
Senior Structural Engineer
- Over 13 years of progressive structural design experience on highway bridges and buildings
- Specialized in modeling, analysis, design, and on-site technical support for complex structures
- Experienced in geotechnical investigation and evaluation of stratum for various types of structures such as bridges, buildings, tunnels, and slopes
Art Johnston, PE
Senior Structural Engineer
- Over 27 years of structural design experience on roadway and federal lands structures including Timber bridges
- USDA Forest Service employee, Region 9 (eastern US) for 22 years
- Experienced in highway bridges, buildings, and dam design as well as inspection and evaluation
Matt Murphy, PE
Senior Structural Manager
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation, SW Region Structural Engineer for 20 years; responsible for 855 bridges and $2 million annual bridge rehabilitation program
- USDA Forest Service, Region 9 Transportation Program Manager and Bridge/Structures Program Manager for 5 years
- More than 25 structure design and inspection related certifications and training courses
Robert Talarczyk, PLS
Survey Manager/Crew Chief
- 22 years of experience in Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Survey Crew Chief
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys
- Extensive survey experience on WisDOT design projects
- Survey Coordinator for WisDOT SW Region – Madison
- Engineering and construction surveys
- Managing survey project teams
- Training Survey crew in the field and in CADD work
- Advised staff on the survey scope of services and hours for WisDOT Design Master Contracts
- Reviewing the special provisions, preparing estimates, and negotiating levels of effort for the survey services of all in-house WisDOT design projects
- Extensive experience in land surveying
- Experience in writing and managing engineering, boundary, and construction survey project contracts and change orders
- Experience in compliance procedures with statutory requirements, subdivision regulations, and zoning ordinances of various counties, townships, and municipalities
- Representing clients and delivering presentations at numerous governmental meetings and public hearings
- Collaborated with GIS department on mapping and planning efforts
- Expert witness in boundary dispute trials
CEP holds certification as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and/or Minority Owned Business Enterprise (MBE), Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with:
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Dane County, WI
- City of Madison, WI
- City of Milwaukee, WI
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
CEP staff have worked for a variety of federal, state, county, municipal, and private clients, providing multi-disciplined services. Some of those clients include:
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Service
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Wisconsin County Highway Departments
- Municipal Department of Public Works
- Villages and Towns
- Water Utilities
- Private Developers