CONSTRUCTION PROJECT LEADER
This position conducts construction observation activities on municipal, utility, and roadway projects. The position includes assignments in the field for construction observation, as well as occasional survey assistance and office work.
- Perform work on construction projects under general supervision
- Work from detailed construction documents
- Learn and keep abreast of the latest WisDOT construction standards and procedures
- Conform to CEP standards of quality
- Commitment to continuous improvement activities
- Work effectively in an empowered team environment
- Be able to understand and follow directions with only general guidance
- Communicate well with coworkers
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with project engineers and contractors
- Ensure adherence to specifications per client or project requirements
- Assist field personnel in survey activities as needed
- Conform to CEP professional ethical standards
- Conform to CEP safety standards
- Interact with clients as required
- Other duties as assigned
Min Years of Experience
- Pursue and/or achieve certification as needed from the Highway Technician Certification Program (HTCP)
- Must have a basic understanding of geometry, trigonometry and computer applications
- Construction observation experience
- Must be well versed on WisDOT construction processes
- WisDOT construction finals process, including materials, item record accounts and balancing modifications experience.
- Be able to walk and climb over rough terrain
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be capable of accessing manholes and other infrastructures unassisted
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel with overnight stays
Other Desirable Skills
- Training or experience in Microsoft Office
- Training or experience in Civil 3D
CEP is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/H/V/D). In Accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) which was passed by the congress in 1986, we can only hire candidates who are either U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Even though our office is in the Madison area, we look for motivated and qualified individuals who are willing to travel. We offer competitive benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Please contact Najim Heidari for more information or submit your resume.
Najim Heidari, P.E./President
6418 Normandy Lane, Suite 200
Madison, Wisconsin 53719
Fax No. 608-819-6997